Established in 2006, Broadsword is a growing event communications agency. Our clients are large, well-known companies and with a portfolio of in person, hybrid and virtual global event experiences, video production and content creation, we are a fantastic company for an enthusiastic and high achieving Streaming Technician to develop their career and join our close knit team.
As Streaming Technician you will provide administrative and webcast support to multimedia projects across multiple platforms, including vMix and Zoom. Primary tasks will include coordination of webcast production, integration and packaging of rich media content and troubleshooting streaming audio and video.
You will be based at our business premises in Beckenham and on-site as required.
- Review client requests and provide technical direction for the planning and execution of an event
- Coordinate webcast production, web content integration and packaging of rich media content
- Provide administrative and webcast support to projects
- Set up and operate technical equipment for virtual, hybrid and in person events
- Support the day to day running, upkeep and continuous improvement of the MCRs, assisting with trouble shooting as and when required
- Create detailed schematics for events as required, specifying, testing and preparing hardware and software
- For some projects, liaise directly with clients, to ensure equipment is set up as specified, managing technical checks, rehearsals and pre records
- Significant experience in live event production
- Significant understanding of IP networks
- Experience with live video and audio encoding hardware
- Good understanding of video codecs
- Good understanding of live video delivery systems
- Methodical, structured and self-motivated with excellent organisational and communication skills
- The ability to work under pressure is essential
- Must be able to prioritise and have the ability to remain calm in high-pressure situations
- Strong customer-focus and understanding the sensitivities of working with clients
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Able to work as part of a team and on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Live event operator experience
Please note that in-house training will be given and we will consider applications from candidates with event technician experience who are keen to extend their knowledge and skillset.
If you have the background and skills outlined, and would relish working in a great team, please email email@example.com with your latest CV, plus a cover letter explaining why you would like to be considered for the role.